November 1st is the International Day of Prayer for the Persecuted Church. Use the prayer points below to guide you as you apply the exhortation in Hebrews 13:3 to “remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; [and] them which suffer adversity, as being yourselves also in the body.”
1) Pray that they would not be distressed or in despair, but that they would be “always bearing about in the body the dying of the Lord Jesus, that the life also of Jesus might be made manifest in [their] body” (II Cor. 4:10).
2) Pray that the church would let their light shine before men, so that many would see their good works, and glorify God (Matt. 5:16).
3) Pray that they would consider Christ’s sufferings and be strengthened by His example (Heb. 12:4).
4) Pray that they would not be troubled or afraid, but that they would rejoice in the midst of their sufferings (I Peter 3:14).
5) Pray that God would fill them with the power and the grace to love their enemies, bless them that curse them, do good to them that hate them, and pray for them which despitefully use them, and persecute them (Matt. 5:44).
6) Pray that God would prepare a table before them in the presence of their enemies (Psalm 23:5).
7) Pray that they would glorify God in the midst of their suffering (I Peter 4:16).
8) Pray that God would supply all their needs “according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus” (Phil. 4:19).
9) Pray that they would glory in their persecutions, knowing that in their weakness, the power of Christ rests upon them (II Cor. 12:10).
10) Pray that the Lord would be their light and salvation, and because of Him, they would not fear (Psalm 27:1).
11) Pray that they would “sanctify the Lord God in [their] hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh [them] a reason of the hope that is in [them] with meekness and fear” (I Peter 3:15).
12) Pray that God would fill them with the grace to look beyond their own circumstances and reach out to those around them who are undergoing severe trials (Matt. 25:35-36).
13) Pray that the Lord will change the hearts of those who cause harm to Christians and lead them to Himself (I Tim. 4:24).
14) Pray that persecuted Christians in India would know beyond a shadow of a doubt that NOTHING can separate them from the love of Christ (Romans 8:35).